We just have a few days for the LG G6 announcement at the Mobile World Congress
(MWC) 2017. We had already seen the live images of the smartphone several times, now the first press render of the smartphone has surfaced, showing its 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision display (2880 x 1440) at 564 PPI (pixels per inch) with 18:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels, thanks to @evleaks.
It also shows LG branding below the display and G6 model logo on the back, metal frame and no power button on the sides since the fingerprint sensor on the back will double up as a power button.
LG recently confirmed that the phone will come with dual rear camera setup – 13MP + 13MP, and one of the cameras will offer 125-degree wide-angle lens for capturing wide shots. The front camera will also have a 100-degree wide-angle lens.
LG G6 rumored specifications:
- 5.7-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1440 pixels) LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0
- Dual SIM (optional)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter)
- Dual 13MP rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, 125-degree wide-angle lens, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Hall, Magnetic Field sensor
- Water and dust proof body – IP68 rating
The LG G6 will be introduced at MWC 2017 at the Sant Jordi Club in Barcelona, Spain at 12:00 PM CET (4:30 PM IST). According to @evleaks, the smartphone will go on sale in Korea on March 9th and will launch in the U.S. a month later on April 7th.