LG today announced that its upcoming LG G6 flagship smartphone will come with LG UX 6.0 specifically customized to maximize the advantages of the device’s expansive FullVision display. LG already confirmed that the LG G6 will feature a 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision display (2,880 x 1,440) at 564 PPI (pixels per inch) with 18:9 aspect ratio that almost entirely fills the front of the smartphone.
LG said that the phone’s new UX maximizes the benefits of the FullVision display, providing the user with the ultimate convenience and advances, such as:
- Differentiated experience for viewing content such as video clips and web surfing, reading e-books and play games
- Improved camera UX that maximizes the extra real estate provided by the 18:9 format display
- Smartly designed GUI (Graphical User Interface) that enables the opening of two perfectly square windows side by side, delivering a more productive, better multitasking experience.
The camera UX has been enhanced to support the 18:9 aspect ratio display to enable users to take and review photos simultaneously. The LG UX 6.0 will provide a Square Camera feature which divides the 18:9 display into two identical perfect squares – a popular format on social media apps. This lets users shoot images in 1:1 format and review them in the adjacent window.
The new Food Mode will offer high color quality and saturation ideal for capturing food. Users can also create GIF files by combining anywhere from 2 and 100 pictures in a loop.
The LG G6 expansive 18:9 display will also offer the best Multi-tasking experience such as:
- Open a call reception window next to the calendar app or the photo gallery at the same time as the message app.
- Multiple square photographs can be connected together and viewed as a Collage Wallpaper on the lock screen.
- Type a memo on one side while surfing the web on the other.
- Inside the calendar app, turn the G6 horizontally to display the calendar in the left window and a detailed schedule on the right.
Juno Cho, president of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, said:
“The LG G6 with FullVision was inspired by the philosophy of experts in the movie industry who believe that an 18:9 ratio screen would be the best solution for viewing both old and new cinematic content in the digital age. We’ve not only embraced that philosophy in our newest smartphone but taken it to a whole new level by incorporating the 18:9 format in many other ways. I think users will appreciate the many ways we’ve made the LG G6 more productive.”
The LG G6 with UX 6.0 will be introduced at MWC 2017 in Barcelona, Spain on February 26.