Huawei sub-brand Honor has announced its latest flagship smartphone, the Honor V9 in China. It packs a 5.7-inch Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 960 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 4GB / 6GB of RAM, has 64GB / 128GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0 on top.
It has dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with laser auto focus, 1.76-micron pixel size and dual-tone LED flash promising brilliant image quality in low-light conditions. On the front it has a 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture.
It has a slim (6.97mm) metal unibody design, fingerprint sensor on the back that lets you use it for Huawei Pay and mobile security, a dedicated key on the right side for intelligent voice actions and quickly open apps, and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor V9 Specifications:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560 × 1440 pixels) IPS-NEO LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex A73 + 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A53) CPU
- Mali G71 Octa-Core GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/ BDS , NFC, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 12MP rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 157 × 77.5 × 6.97mm
- Weight: 184 grams
- Colors: Midnight Black, Flame Red, Platinum Gold, Aurora Blue
The Honor V9 is priced at CNY 2599 (US$ 377 / Rs. 25,280 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, CNY 2999 (US$ 435 / Rs. 29,170 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs CNY 3499 (US$ 508 / Rs. 34,035 approx). It is now available for order in China and will go on sale from February 28th.