Huawei sub-brand Honor has announced a cheaper version of the Honor 8 smartphone, the Honor 8 Lite in China along with the Honor V9 flagship device. It packs a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 655 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB / 4GB of RAM, has 32GB / 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0 on top.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front camera. It also has a slim body with metal frame, fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Honor 8 Lite specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- HiSilicon Kirin 655 (64-bit) 16nm SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2.1GHz A53 + 4 x 1.7GHz A53) CPU
- Mali T830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, microUSB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 147.2 x 72.94 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Colors: Black, White, Gold, Blue
The Honor 8 Lite is priced at CNY 1099 (US$ 159 / Rs. 10,690 approx) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, CNY 1399 (US$ 203 / Rs. 13,600 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the top-end 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs CNY 1599 (US$ 232/ Rs. 15,550 approx). It is available for order in China and goes on sale from February 28.