Xiaomi has finally launched its latest Redmi Note 4 smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 14nm (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, instead of MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) Deca-Core processor in the Chinese version, and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8 on top.
In India, it comes in three variants – 2GB of RAM with 32GB of internal storage, 3GB of RAM with 32GB of internal storage and 4GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage.
In terms of camera, the Redmi Note 4 has a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto focus (PDAF) to focus in just 0.1 second, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens.
It has a brushed metal unibody design with chamfered edges, fingerprint scanner on the back which unlocks the device in just 0.3 seconds, hybrid dual SIM slot, 4G LTE connectivity along with VoLTE (Voice over LTE) support and packs a 4100mAh battery with fast charging support. Xiaomi says that based on their test, the Redmi Note 4 offers 25% more battery life compared to the Redmi Note 3.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) 14nm FinFET SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-Core Cortex A53 CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB / 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano SIM/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13-megapixel rear camera with CMOS sensor, 5P Lens, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture,[email protected] / [email protected] video recording
- 5-megapixel front camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared Remote, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient-Light, E-compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 151 x 76 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Colors: Gold, Dark Grey, Matte Black
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage version, Rs. 10,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 12,999. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart and Mi India online store starting from 23rd January, at 12 Noon.