Xiaomi started its Mi explorer program last month, which ended recently. Yesterday the company announced the explorer rankings program on its India website. Today the company has sent out an invite for the launch of the new Mi product on January 19th, which will likely be the Redmi Note 4 that was introduced in China back in August, last year and will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor in India instead of MediaTek Helio X20 Deca-Core processor.
The Redmi Note 4 packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) Deca-Core processor paired with 2GB /3GB of RAM, 16GB / 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
As for camera, it has a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto focus (PDAF) to focus in just 0.3 seconds, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture. It also has a brushed metal unibody design with chamfered edges and comes with a fingerprint scanner on the back which unlocks the device in just 0.3 seconds.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) SoC with 2.1GHz Deca-Core CPU (China) / Qualcomm Sapdragon processor (India)
- Mali-T880MP4 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano SIM/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13-megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p@30fps /720p@120fps (slow motion) video recording
- 5-megapixel front camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient-Light, E-compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
- Dimensions: 151 x 76 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Grey
We should know the price of the Redmi Note 4 smartphone for India when it will launch next Thursday.