OPPO has launched its latest mid-range selfie-focused smartphone, the A57 in India, as it had promised. It was introduced back in November, last year in China and packs a 5.2-inch HD (720p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB of RAM, has 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0 on top.
It comes with a 16-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size and on the back it has a 13-megapixel main camera with f/2.2 aperture, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and LED flash. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button with hydrophobic zirconium surface, so it works even when your fingers are moist, dedicated dual nano SIM slots along with 4G VoLTE support and packs a 2900mAh battery.
OPPO A57 specifications:
- 5.2-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) SoC with 1.4GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with 5P lens, f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 16MP front camera with 5P lens, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 2900mAh battery
- Dimensions: 149.1 × 72.9 × 7.65 mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Color: Gold
The OPPO A57 is priced at Rs. 14,990 and it will be available from offline stores as well as online retailers such as Flipkart, Amazon.in and Snapdeal starting from 3rd February.