Lenovo introduced the PHAB 2 Pro, world’s first Tango-enabled smartphone for consumers at the Tech World 2016 in San Francisco, in a partnership with Google. Today the company has launched the smartphone in India.
It packs a 6.4-inch Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by Snapdragon 652 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It has three cameras on the back that includes a 16-megapixel RGB camera, a depth camera and a motion tracking camera for Tango’s 3D mapping technology to recognize places, map physical spaces, track objects and project virtual effects for understand the world around you. It also has an 8-megapixel camera on the front, metal unibody design and a fingerprint sensor on the back. Google already said that there are over 35 Tango apps in the PlayStore offering augmented reality capabilities.
Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro specifications:
- 6.4-inch Quad HD (2560 × 1440 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D Curved Gorilla Glass display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A72 + 4 x 1.2GHz Cortex A53) CPU
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal memory, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm audio jack, DOLBY Atmos 5.1 audio capture, Triple Array Microphones with Active Noise-Cancellation
- 16MP rear camera with PDAF, Depth Sensor for Tango, Motion Tracking Sensor for Tango, Depth Camera and Fisheye Camera
- 8MP front camera, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 4050mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 179.8 x 88.6 x 10.7 mm
- Weight: 259 grams
- Color: Champange Gold
The Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro is priced at Rs. 29,990 and is available exclusively from Flipkart.