Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has launched its latest mid-range smartphone in the new Steel-series, the Steel 2 in China. It comes with a 5-inch HD (720p) IPS LCD display, is powered by a MediaTek MT6737 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor paired with 3GB of RAM, 16GB / 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with AmigoOS 3.5 on top.
As for camera, it has an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel camera on the front. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the physical home button and packs a huge 4000mAh battery that promises up to 45.45 hours of talk time, up to 7.94 hours of continuous video playback and up to 527.04 hours of standby.
Gionee Steel 2 specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display
- MediaTek MT6737 (64-bit) SoC with 1.25GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Mali-T720 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with AmigoOS 3.5
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm audio jack
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, 720p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion4000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 144.3×70.5×8.6mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Colors: Jazz Gold, Gold Black
The Gionee Steel 2 is priced at CNY 1,299 (US$ 190 approx) for the 16GB storage variant and is currently up for pre-order in China via Gionee’s online shop.