Asus has announced its latest Zenfone AR smartphone at the ongoing CES 2017. The smartphone is compatible with both Tango AR (Augmented Reality) platform and Google’s Daydream VR (Virtual Reality) platform. This makes it the second ever Tango enabled smartphone as the first one is Lenovo Phab 2 Pro.
It sports a 5.7-inch Quad HD super AMOLED display, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor coupled with 6GB / 8GB of RAM, has 32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0 on top.
As for camera, it has a 23-megapixel rear/main camera along with a motion tracking camera and a depth sensing camera that supports Tango’s 3D mapping technology to recognize places, map physical spaces, track objects and project virtual effects for understand the world around you. On the front it has an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-viewing angle lens. It also comes with a new “immersive” 5-magnet speaker that supports High-Res Audio and DTS virtual surround sound.
Asus ZenFone AR specifications:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with 2.3GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB internal storage, expandable storage via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, DTS Headphone: X for virtual 7.1 surround sound, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard, NXP Smart AMP technology, built-in Mono 5-magnet speaker, ASUS SonicMaster 3.0
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6P Largan lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, Laser AF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 158.67 x 77.7 x 8.95 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Colors: Charcoal Black
The Asus Zenfone AR will roll out starting from Q2, 2017. No word on the pricing yet.