Xiaomi’s VP Hugo Bara finally announced the launch of the company’s first Virtual Reality headset, the Mi VR Play in India at the Mi Pop event. It was introduced in China back in August, this year and comes with a zipper design so that the smartphone doesn’t fall out when moving the headset. It uses Lycra fabric (nylon + spandex) and EVA that is lightweight, skin-friendly and doesn’t cause discomfort when using it for longer period.
It uses anti-glare aspherical lenses with tolerance of just 0.01mm and also promises the best clarity. There is a metal button on the top to interact with the phone. Inside it has non-slip pad that also prevents it from accidentally accessing buttons when using the headset. It can fit phones from 4.7 to 5.7 inches in size. Since it has openings on the front, you can adjust the phone if it moves and it also helps in air circulation.
Xiaomi Mi VR Play key specs:
- Google Cardboard compatible
- View 360-degree YouTube videos, Mi Live VR livestreams
- Enjoy panoramic VR photos on Cardboard camera
- Explore 360-degree Google Camera photo spheres
- Massive VR app library on Google Play
- Innovative two-way zip, lightweight Lycra, adjustable straps
- Anti-reflective lens, textured metal button
- Fits 4.7″-5.7″ smartphones
- Dimensions: 201 x 107 x 91mm
- Weight: 208.7 grams
The Xiaomi Mi VR Play headset is priced at Rs. 999 and it will go on sale in India on mi.com starting from 21st December at 12pm. There will be limited edition Mi VR Play headsets with colorful designs that will be up for sale.