OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA (over-the-air) update for the OnePlus 2 smartphone. The update is 1.2GB in size and it brings VoLTE (Voice over LTE) support, Battery Saving Mode, Gaming Mode and several new features along with stability improvements and bug fixes. Check out the update changelog below.
OnePlus 2 OxygenOS 3.5.5 update changelog:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
- Clock, Calculator and Messages will be REPLACED by stock OnePlus apps if you have never updated the corresponding Google apps. But you can download these apps from Google in the Play Store even after the replacement.
- Many of the phone settings will be restored to default after upgrading to 3.5.5, for instance device name, ring tones, accent colours and status bar battery indication will all be reverted to default settings.
- After updating to 3.5.5, basic functions like WiFi connectivity, Network and Fingerprint might be affected if users flash back to 3.1.0. Users will have to use a special 3.1.0 downgrading version and flashing tool that will wipe all data from the phone. You should backup if you want to revert to older versions from 3.5.5 without losing data.
As always the update is rolling out in stages, so it might take a few days before your device pops up the notification for you. You can always check for the latest update manually by heading to device Settings > About device > Software update option.