Meizu has announced PRO 6 Plus, its latest flagship smartphone and the successor of the PRO 6 smartphone that was introduced back in April, this year in China. It packs a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Always-ON display with 3D Press that perceives different levels of pressure on the screen, is powered by Samsung Exynos 8890 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS on top.
As for camera, it has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, four-axis optical image stabilization, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), laser auto focus and dual-tone 10-LED ring flash. On the front it has a 5-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture.
The PRO 6 Plus comes with metal unibody design, mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in just 0.15 seconds and also has a heart rate sensor built into it. It packs a 3400mAh battery with mCharge 3.0 24W fast charging support that lets you charge the smartphone up to 60% in 30 minutes.
Meizu PRO 6 Plus specifications:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Always-ON display with 3D Press, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Samsung Exynos 8890 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz / 2.3GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Mali-T880 MP10 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Flyme OS based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS & BDS, NFC, micro USB 3.1, USB Type-C 1.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS ES9018K2M audi chip, ADI AD45275 amplifier
- 12MP rear camera with 10-LED Ring dual-tone Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm size, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lenses, PDAF, Laser Auto focus, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Heart-rate, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass sensor
- Non-removable 3400mAh battery with fast charging (mCharge 3.0)
- Dimensions: 155.6 × 77.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 158 grams
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Sky Grey, Moonlight Silver
The Meizu PRO 6 Plus is priced at CNY 2999 (US$ 435 approx) for the 64GB version with 2.0GHz Exynos 8890 SoC, while the 128GB version with 2.3GHz Exynos 8890 SoC costs CNY 3299 (US$ 479 / Rs. 32,833 approx). It is now available for order in China and goes on sale from 23rd December.