LG has finally launched its latest flagship smartphone in the ‘V series’, the V20 in India. It was introduced back in September and comes with a 5.7-inch Quad HD Quantum display and a 2.1-inch second screen, similar to the V10. But the company says that the second screen has improved in visibility with double the brightness and 50% larger font size compared to the V10.
The V20 is powered by a Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor paired with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 5.0+ on top. It is also the first smartphone to use Google’s In Apps that helps users to find content from built-in apps and user-installed apps.
As for camera, it has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 75-degree wide-angle lens, f/1.8 aperture, OIS (optical image stabilization) and Hybrid Auto Focus (HAF) – integrating three Auto Focus mechanisms – Laser Detection Auto Focus, Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) and Contrast Auto Focus for both photos and videos along with a 8-megapixel secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture and 135-degree wide-angle lens for capturing wide shots. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture and 120-degree wide-angle lens.
It has Hi-Fi Video Recording and uses Low Cut Filter (LCF) that removes unwanted background noise and Limiter (LMT) that sets recording distance. It also captures audio using 24-bit / 48 kHz Linear Pulse Code Modulation (LPCM). It has 32-bit Hi-Fi ESS SABRE ES9218 Quad DAC for a clearer sound by minimizing distortion and ambient noise by up to 50%. It supports lossless music formats including FLAC, DSD, AIFF and ALAC.
In terms of body, it has a lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum (AL6013 metal) body with Silicone Polycarbonate (Si-PC) on the top and bottom that can protect it from damage and even meets the US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G to withstand a fall of up to 1.2 meters.
LG V20 specifications:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) IPS LCD Quantum display
- 2.1-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) IPS LCD Quantum second screen
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-core (2 x 2.15 GHz Kryo + 2 x 1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 5.0+
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE Cat 12, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, A-GPS & GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit/192kHz audio, ESS SABRE ES9218 Quad DAC, B&O Play certified, High AOP Mic
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, OIS 2.0, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, PDAF, Contrast AF, 75-degree wide-angle lens, [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] (slow motion) video recording
- 8MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 135-degree wide-angle lens
- 5MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass, Color spectrum, Hall, Gravity sensor
- MIL-STD-810G certified
- Removable 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions – 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 173 grams
- Colors: Titan, Silver, Pink
The LG V20 is priced at Rs. 54,999 and will be available exclusively from Amazon.in online store and offline retail stores starting from 6th December. It also comes with a B&O headset worth Rs. 18,000, free SF coated back cover and 6 months free screen replacement offer. LG is also offering assured buyback that lets you exchange your old smartphone for a LG V20 and get minimum assured Rs. 20,000 on selected smartphones.
Commenting on the launch, Amit Gujral, Marketing Head, LG Mobiles, India said:
“The much-awaited V20 will set new standards in the smartphone segment. Especially Audio & Video experience on V20 would excite consumers like never before. With the new flagship phone V20, one can weave a beautiful story every day – all thanks to its high-quality audio, video and dual camera features. In short, it’s a multimedia powerhouse. And the best part, this extremely stylish phone has passed stringent 60,000 validation tests to be a real sturdy & amp; durable smartphone.”