Alcatel has launched its latest flagship smartphone in the ‘Idol series’, the Idol 4 in India. It was introduced just ahead of MWC 2016 back in February and packs with a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 617 (64-bit) Octa-core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
As for camera, it has a 13-megapixel rear/main camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, EIS and an 8-megapixel camera on the front with LED flash, 1.12um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens.
The Idol 4 has a physical button on the side, called the ‘Boom Key’ that gives you access to a wide range of functions, like control your camera, gallery, videos, music, games and more with the press of a single button. It also has dual 3.6 Watt stereo speakers, NXP’s TFA9890 Smart Power Amplifier, Hi-Fi surround-sound for the headset and optimization of audio presets both automatically and manually for a superior audio experience.
It also comes with a virtual reality (VR) headset for an immersive 360-degree viewing and gaming and a JBL stereo headset in the box.
Alcatel Idol 4 specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LTPS display, OGS Full Lamination, 170-degree viewing angle
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 (64-bit) SoC with 1.7GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 512GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack, Dual stereo speakers (2 x 3.6W), Smart PA (Power Amplifier) TFA9890, BOOM Key Experience Booster, Hi-Fi surround-sound
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 6P Lens, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with LED flash, 1.12um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass, Hall sensor
- Non-removable Li-Po 2610mAh battery with fast charging (Quick charge 2.0)
- Dimensions: 147 × 72.5 × 7.1 mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- Colors: Dark Gray, Gold, Metal Silver
The Alcatel Idol 4 is priced at Rs. 16,999 and it is now exclusively available on Flipkart online store.
Commenting on the launch, Praveen Valecha, Regional Director, Alcatel India said:
“We are excited to launch our flagship device, IDOL 4 in the Indian market which marks another milestone for us. We are proud to be the pioneers in democratizing technology by bringing the benefits of VR to consumers across economic spectrum at disruptive price-points. Another innovative feature – the Boom Key boom-ifies everything, from the sound to photos to gaming. We are optimistic that the consumers will love this product.”