Xiaomi has announced Redmi 4A, its latest pocket-friendly smartphone in the ‘Redmi series’ along with the Redmi 4, in China. It has a 5-inch HD (720p) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 425 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF (phase detection auto-focus) and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It comes with unibody metal matte finish design, hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the secondary SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required and packs a 3120mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (64-bit) SoC with 1.4GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS+GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Infrared, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, Gravity, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 3120mAh battery
- Dimensions: 139.5 × 70.4 × 8.5 mm
- Weight: 131.5 grams
- Color: Gold, Rose Gold
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A is priced at CNY 499 (US$ 74 / Rs. 4900 approx) and will go on sale in China starting from November 11th.