vivo has announced its latest high-end flagship smartphone in the ‘Xplay series’, the Xplay6 in China, along with the X9 and X9 Plus selfie-focused smartphones. It packs a 5.46-inch Quad HD dual curved edge display, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, has 6GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage and runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 3.0 on top.
On the rear it has a dual camera setup, with a 12-megapixel camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, 4-axis OIS, PDAF for fast focus in 0.03 seconds and a secondary 5-megapixel camera for capturing depth information. On the front it has a 16-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture for capturing great selfies.
It also comes with a metal unibody design, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, dual-SIM functionality, 4G VoLTE support and packs a 4080mAh battery with fast charging.
vivo Xplay6 specifications:
- 5.46-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED dual curved edge display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core (2 x 2.15GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 128GB internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with FuntouchOS 3.0
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, ES9038 DAC+ OPA1622 Amplifier
- 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, 4-axis OIS, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient light, Hall sensor
- Non-removable 4080mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 73.55 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 178 grams
- Colors: Gold, Rose Gold
The vivo Xplay6 is priced at CNY 4498 (US$ 654 / Rs. 44,449 approx) and it will be available for order in China starting from today.