OPPO has announced its latest mid-range selfie-focused smartphone in the ‘A series’, the A57 in China. It packs a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) Octa-core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0 on top.
It comes with a 16-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size and on the back it has a 13-megapixel main camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF). It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button and packs a 2900mAh battery.
OPPO A57 specifications:
- 5.2-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) SoC with 1.4GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with 5P lens, f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 16MP front camera with 5P lens, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 2900mAh battery
- Dimensions: 149.1 × 72.9 × 7.65 mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Colors: Gold, Rose Gold
The OPPO A57 is priced at CNY 1599 (US$ 230 approx) and it goes on sale in China starting from December 12.