Moto India has teased the launch of its latest Moto M mid-range smartphone on its social channels along with a blurry image of the back of the smartphone and a caption – ‘Something different is coming your way. Stay tuned to know more. #ComingSoon’. The smartphone was announced in China earlier this month and is the first smartphone to be powered by MediaTek Helio P15 processor.
It also has a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass display, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage, 16-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera, metal body with water repellent nano coating, fingerprint sensor, dual SIM support, DOLBY Atmos audio and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow).
Moto M specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass display
- MediaTek Helio P15 (64-bit) SoC with 2.2GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, DOLBY Atmos audio
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, 1.12um pixel size, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 3050mAh battery with Turbo charging
- Dimensions: 151.35 × 75.35 × 7.85 mm
- Colors: Gold, Silver
The Moto M is expected to launch in India in the first week of December. It was launched in China for CNY 1999 (US$ 294 / Rs. 19,630 approx), so it could be priced around Rs. 20,000.