Meizu has announced its latest flagship smartphone and the successor of PRO 6 smartphone, the PRO 6s in China. It has the same design and almost the same specs like its predecessor, including 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED display with 3D press that perceives different levels of pressure on the screen, MediaTek Helio X25 (64-bit) Deca-Core processor, 4GB of RAM, 5-megapixel front camera, mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor, Cirrus Logic CS43L36 DAC for an enhanced audio experience and more. But the main camera is different and it’s the first major upgrade over the Pro 6. This has a 12-megapixel rear/main camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 4-axis optical image stabilization, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), laser auto focus and the iconic 10-LED dual-tone ring flash.
The second major upgrade is the battery – it is now increased from 2560mAh to 3060mAh, but the thickness has been increased only by 0.05mm. It also supports mCharge 3.0 fast charging via a 24W charger. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 5.5 on top.
Meizu PRO 6s specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 3D Press, 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 100% NTSC color gamut, 450 nits brightness, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- MediaTek Helio X25 (64-bit) SoC with Deca-Core (4 x 1.4GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 2.0GHz Cortex A53 + 2 x 2.5GHz Cortex A72) CPU
- Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 5.5
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS with GLONASS & BDS, NFC, micro USB 3.1, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), 3.5mm audio jack
- NXP’s SmartPA chip, Cirrus Logic CS43L36 DAC
- 12MP rear camera with 10-LED Ring dual-tone Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 4-axis OIS, 6P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient light, E-compass, Hall sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3060mAh battery with fast charging (mCharge 3.0)
- Dimensions: 147.7 x 70.8 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Colors: Gray, Gold, Rose Gold, Silver
The Meizu PRO 6s is priced at CNY 2699 (US$ 399 / Rs. 26,610 approx). It is now available for pre-order in China and goes on sale from November 7th.