Huawei announced Mate 9, its latest flagship smartphone at an event in Munich, Germany earlier this month, and now the company has introduced a cheaper variant of this smartphone, called Mate 9 Lite with dual rear camera setup. It comes with a 12-megapixel main camera with 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF for quick focus in 0.3 second along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for capturing depth information. On the front it has an 8-megapixel camera.
The Mate 9 Lite packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 655 (64-bit) Octa-core processor, has 3GB/4GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. It has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back, hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the secondary SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required and packs a 3340mAh battery.
Huawei Mate 9 Lite specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display
- HiSilicon Kirin 655 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-core (4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) CPU
- Mali-T830MP2 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12MP + 2MP dual rear cameras with LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Hall sensor
- Non-removable 3340mAh battery
- Dimensions: 150.9 × 76.2 × 8.2 mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- Colors: Gray, Gold, Silver
There is no details about the pricing or availability yet.