HTC has announced its latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Desire series’, the Desire 650 in Taiwan, along with the HTC 10 evo. It packs a 5-inch HD (720p) display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 64-bit Quad-core processor, has 2GB of RAM, 16GB expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It comes with a unique back panel with 50% flat surface and the remaining 50% has ridges for better grip.
HTC Desire 650 specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) TFT LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon (64-bit) Quad-Core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense UI
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS/GLONASS , micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, HTC Boomsound
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.8 aperture, 33.2mm lens, 1080p
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, Gravity, E-Compass sensor
- 2200mAh battery
- Dimension: 146.9 x 70.9 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 140 grams
- Colors: Blue, Polar White
The HTC Desire 650 is priced at NT$ 5490 (US$ 171) and it goes on sale in Taiwan from December 1st. No details about its global roll out yet.