HTC just announced HTC 10 evo, its latest smartphone in the ‘HTC 10’ series in Taiwan and UK. It is also the global version of the HTC Bolt smartphone that was introduced for U.S. carrier Sprint earlier this month. It packs a 5.5-inch Quad HD display, is powered by a Snapdragon 810 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI on top. It has a 16MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) to lock focus in 0.3 seconds and an 8MP camera on the front with Auto HDR mode.
It comes with a water-resistant aluminum unibody design (IP57), fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that lets you unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds and packs 3200mAh battery with quick charging support. It doesn’t have typical 3.5mm audio jack and uses USB Type-C port for BoomSound Adaptive Audio, which scans your ears and the ambient noise around you to adjust audio output to suit your personal hearing capabilities. It also delivers 24-bit Hi-Res audio.
HTC 10 evo specifications:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super LCD 3 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS + GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), USB On-The-Go
- USB Type-C audio jack, BoomSound Adaptive Audio, Hi-Res (24-bit) audio
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, PDAF, 2160p (4K) video recording
- 8MP front camera with Auto HDR, 1080p video recording
- Water resistant body (IP57)
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Barometer sensor
- Non-removable 3200mAh battery with Quick charge 2.0
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 77.3 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 174 grams
- Colors: Gunmetal, Silver, Gold
The HTC 10 evo is priced at NT$ 17,990 (US$ 564 approx) for the 32GB version and the 64GB version costs NT$ 19,900 (US$ 626 approx). It is already available for pre-order in Taiwan and will start shipping from November 28th. In the UK it will be available for purchase online soon, but the company hasn’t announced its pricing or availability in the country or other markets yet.