Gionee has launched its latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘S series’, the S9 in China. It packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a MediaTek Helio P10 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2 on top.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony sensor along with a 5-megapixel secondary camera with Samsung sensor for capturing images with depth of field blur effects. On the front it has a 13-megapixel camera.
It also has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Gionee S9 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) LTPS IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz A53 Octa-Core CPU
- Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, DTS sound
- 13MP + 5MP dual rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony & Samsung sensor, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 13MP front camera, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient light sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 154.2 × 76.4 × 7.4 mm
- Weight: 168.2 grams
- Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold
The Gionee S9 is priced at CNY 2499 (US$ 365 / Rs. 24,700 approx) and goes on sale in China starting from November 25th. No details about the global roll out yet.