Xiaomi just announced Mi Note 2, its latest flagship smartphone in the ‘Note series’ at an event in China. The smartphone comes with a 5.7-inch Full HD (1080p) OLED dual-curved display with 77.2% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by a Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, has 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8 on top.
As for the camera, it has a 22.56MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX318 sensor and an 8-megapixel auto focus front camera with Sony IMX258 sensor. It also has series 7 aluminium frame with curved back design and a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 specifications:
- 5.7-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) OLED flexible dual-curved display, 110% NTSC color gamut, 77.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core (2 x 2.35 GHz Kryo + 2 x 1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB DDR4 RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE Cat12 (Global bands), 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS+GLONASS+BDS , NFC, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, 24-bit 192kHz / 24-bit lossless audio
- 22.56MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, EIS (gyro), 4K video recording
- 8MP auto-focus front camera with Sony IMX258 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 76-degree field of view, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Barometer, Hall sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4070mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 (83% in 30 min)
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 77.3 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 166 grams
- Colors: Piano Black, Glacier Silver
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is priced at CNY 2799 ($410 / Rs. 27,600 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs CNY 3299 ($485 / Rs. 32,500 approx). The global variant with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage with global LTE bands (6 types, 37 bands) is priced at CNY 3499 ($516 / Rs. 34,500 approx). It is now available for pre-order in China and goes on sale from November 1st.