Panasonic India has launched Eluga Tapp, its latest budget-friendly 4G smartphone in the ‘Eluga series’ with support for VoLTE. It packs a 5-inch HD (720p) IPS display, is powered by a 1.25GHz Quad-Core processor, has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It also has a fingerprint sensor below the display and comes with ‘Android for Work’ feature that allows the user to segregate the business apps from personal apps and also protects user’s personal data.
Panasonic Eluga Tapp specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display
- 1.25 GHz Quad-Core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, Gravity, E-Compass sensor
- 2800mAh battery
- Dimensions: 143 × 71 × 8.15 mm
- Weight: 138 grams
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Silver Gray
The Panasonic Eluga Tapp is priced at Rs. 8,990 and it will be available soon.
Commenting on the launch, Pankaj Rana, Business Head – Mobility Division, Panasonic India, said:
“As we store more and more information on our phones and share it in ever more riskier ways, Fingerprint scanning has emerged as the most popular biometric technology. Much of the time, our personal information and details are protected by just the few hastily thought-out numbers in our passwords which we store in our phone. The new lightning fast front fingerprint sensor in Panasonic Eluga Tapp gives you a convenient way to unlock your device and secure your personal data. The scanner will be able to recognize your fingers and thumbs in a split second, topped with Android-for-work integration.
Panasonic Eluga Tapp makes a mark in the affordable range for a diverse market like India. By introducing Panasonic Eluga Tapp we plan to make a presence in the tier II and tier III cities. This phone comes with top-end features but at an affordable price tag. The HD display, faster processing power and powerful battery empowers the consumer to perform all their task at ease and ensures longer operations. For Panasonic India, it is a step towards making the lives of the consumers easier and their data secure.”