Lenovo has launched its latest flagship smartphone, the Moto Z in India, which was announced back in June at the Lenovo Tech World 2016 conference in San Francisco. The smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It has a 13MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Laser auto-focus and a 5MP front camera.
The handset is incredibly thin at just 5.19mm with all metal body and has water-repellant nano-coating, so it can handle splashes or rain. It also has a fingerprint scanner on the home button, USB Type-C port for headphones and charging and packs a 2600mAh battery with first charging support.
It has modular called ‘Moto Mods’, which are like snap-on’s that get attached to 16 magical-pins located at the bottom back of the smartphone. These MotoMods include Wooden, Ballistic nylon and Leather style shells, Incipio offGRID Power Pack, JBL Soundboost speaker, Insta-share Projector and Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Mod.
Moto Z Specifications:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-core (2 x 2.15GHz Kryo + 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual-SIM (nano + nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE (Cat 9), 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), USB On-The-Go, Moto Mods connector
- FM radio, USB Type-C audio jack, Front-ported loud speaker, 4-Mics
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, OIS, Laser Autofocus, 1.12 µm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 2160p (4K) video recording
- 5MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4 µm pixel size, Wide-Angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass sensor
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Dimensions: 153.3 × 75.3 × 5.19 mm
- Weight: 136 grams
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2600mAh battery with Turbo charging
- Colors: Black/Gray, Black/Rose Gold, Black/Gold, White
The Moto Z is priced at Rs. 39,999 and it will be exclusively available from Amazon.in and Flipkart online stores starting from midnight of 17th October 2016. Moto Mods will also be available for sale separately and as a bundle starting at Rs. 899.