Lenovo has launched Moto Z Play, its latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Moto Z series’, along with the Moto Z flagship smartphone in India. The smartphone was unveiled last month at the IFA 2016 event and packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED display, is powered by a Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow).
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Laser auto-focus, Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera that also has a LED flash. It comes with Moto Mods support, similar to the other Moto Z series smartphones and has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
Moto Z Play specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-core CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Single SIM / Dual SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, Moto Mods connector
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack, Front-ported loudspeaker, 3-mic support
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.3 µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, Wide-Angle lens, LED flash, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass, Gravity sensors
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Non-removable 3510mAh battery with Turbo charging
- Dimensions: 156.4 x 76.4 x 6.99 mm
- Weight: 165 grams
- Colors: Black, White
The Moto Z Play is priced at Rs. 24,999 and it will be exclusively available from Amazon.in and Flipkart online stores starting from midnight of 17th October 2016. Moto Mods will also be available for sale separately and as a bundle starting at Rs. 899.