Kodak has announced its latest camera-centric Android smartphone, EKTRA. It is the company’s second Android smartphone after the IM5 that was introduced back in January, 2015. The smartphone is manufactured by Bullitt, the same company that built the IM5.
It packs 5-inch Full HD (1080p) display, is powered by MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) Deca-Core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It also has 4G LTE support via SIM card.
In terms of camera, the smartphone has a 21-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX230 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6-axis Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), non-reflective lens coating, dual-tone LED flash and a 13-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a dedicated shutter button, customizable manual mode and the camera lens is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass. It has a leather-like finish on the outside for a better grip.
Kodak EKTRA specifications:
- 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) IPS LCD display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) SoC with 2.3GHz Deca-Core CPU
- Mali T880 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GBGB Internal Storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX230 sensor, 26.5mm lens, f/2.0 aperture, 6-axis OIS, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 13MP front camera, 1080p video recording
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
- Color: Black
The Kodak EKTRA will go on sale in Europe for £449 / €499 (Rs. 36,600 approx) from this December.
Jeff Clarke, Kodak Chief Executive, said:
“Kodak has a rich history in imaging technology and the launch of the KODAK Smartphone today demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bringing the latest advances in photography to consumers. The original KODAK EKTRA Camera was launched in 1941 and in its latest reincarnation, opens up a world of creative opportunities to all who care about photography.”