Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has launched the Honor 8, its latest high-end smartphone in India. It was announced back in July in China and packs a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 950 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top.
The main highlight of the smartphone is that it has dual 12-megapixel rear cameras, one with monochrome and other with color sensor to capture crisper, more detailed photos. On the front it has an 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture.
It has 2.5D curved glass on the back and aluminum alloy frame, fingerprint sensor on the back and infrared sensor for remote control with smart remote 4.0 app. The company launched the single SIM variant of the smartphone in the country that has a dedicated microSD card slot.
Honor 8 specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS-NEO LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- HiSilicon Kirin 950 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2.3 GHz A72 + 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) CPU
- Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS/GLONASS/ BDS , NFC, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 12MP rear cameras (monochrome + color) with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, 1.4um pixel size, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 71 x 7.45 mm
- Weight: 153 grams
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Sunrise Gold, Pearl White
The Honor 8 is priced at Rs. 29,999 in India and it is now available from Amazon.in, Flipkart and the Honor store online and will also be available through offline retailers. It comes with extended warranty for 2 years, free replacement warranty for 3 months for manufacturing defects and screen replacement warranty for 3 months.
Commenting on the launch, George Zhao, President, Honor said:
“We recently celebrated the second anniversary of Honor in India. Honor has received an incredible amount of love and support for all of our products starting with Honor 6 in 2014 and are excited to launch three new offering to our customers. These three smartphones include- Honor 8, a sleek and elegant smartphone that boosts of our dual lens camera legacy; the Honor 8 Smart and we proudly announce our first ‘Make in India’; smartphone Honor Holly 3 coming from our Chennai plant. With this launch, we continue our India journey and promise to introduce even more high-quality, disruptive products in the market.”