Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has also launched the Honor 8 Smart, a cheaper version of the Honor 8 smartphone in India. It comes with a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) display with 76.4% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 650 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX214 sensor and an 8-megapixel front camera.
It has aircraft grand aluminum alloy body, fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3000mAh battery that promises 1.3 days of battery life even with heavy use.
Honor 8 Smart specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display
- HiSilicon Kirin 650 (64-bit) 16nm SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2 GHz A53 + 4 x 1.7 GHz A53) CPU
- Mali T830 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Single SIM / Dual SIM
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, microUSB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, HiSilicon Hi6402 24-bit DAC, Smart PA amplifier, SWS sound
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Colors: Black, White, Gold
The Honor 8 Smart is priced at Rs. 19,999 in India and it will go on sale soon through online and offline retail stores across the country. It is not clear why the smartphone is priced so high even though it comes with almost similar specifications as the Honor 5C that was launched in India few months back for Rs. 10,999.