Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has announced Honor 6X, its latest mid-range smartphone at an event in China. The smartphone packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 655 (64-bit) 16nm Octa-Core processor, has 3GB/4GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. It has a 12-megapixel camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and a secondary 2-megapixel camera for achieving depth of field and background blur. On the front it has an 8-megapixel camera with wide-angle lens.
It also has unibody metal design and a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds. It packs a 3340mAh battery with fast charging support.
Honor 6X specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- HiSilicon Kirin 655 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-core (4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) CPU
- Mali T830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB (eMMC 5.1) / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF and 2MP secondary camera; 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Gravity sensor
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging support
- Dimensions: 150.9 × 72.6 × 8.2 mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- Colors: Gold, Rose Gold, Silver, Grey, Blue
The Honor 6X is priced at CNY 999 (US$ 148 / Rs. 9885 approx) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, CNY 1299 (US$ 192 / Rs. 12850 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs CNY 1599 (US$ 237 / Rs. 15825 approx). It is now available for order in China and goes on sale from October 25th.