Google has unveiled Pixel XL, its latest flagship smartphone in the new ‘Pixel series’, along with the Pixel smartphone at its event in San Francisco. The smartphone packs a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display, is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 32GB/128GB of internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat). It also has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front camera, similar to the Pixel smartphone.
It has a glass and aluminium back design, fingerprint sensor on the back and comes with unlimited cloud storage.
Google Pixel XL specifications:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core (2 x 2.15 GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB / 128GB internal storage
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 4G LTE (Cat9/Cat12), 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, A-GPS & GLONASS, microUSB 3.0, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), USB On-The-Go
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3 microphones
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor size, 1.55 µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LDAF, 2160p (4K) video recording
- 8MP front camera with 1/3.2″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Barometer sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3450mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.7 x 75.7 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- Colors: Quite Black, Very Silver, Really Blue
The Google Pixel XL is priced at US$769 for the 32GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs US$869. It is now available for pre-order in the US, Australia, Canada and Germany.
In India it will be available for pre-order on Flipkart online store from October 13th for Rs. 67,000 (32GB) and Rs. 76,000 (128GB). It will also be available from over 1000 organized and multi-brand retail stores including Reliance Digital, Croma and Vijay sales among others. Google will also be offering interest-free EMI programs and attractive upgrade offers. Pixel users will have access to a toll free phone support number along with 54 walk in service centers across 30+ cities in India.