Gionee has launched S6 Pro, its latest mid-range smartphone in the S6 series in India. It was announced back in June, this year and packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a MediaTek Helio P10 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that can focus in just 0.1 seconds and an 8-megapixel front camera.
It has aluminum-magnesium alloy unibody design, fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in just 0.1 seconds, USB Type-C port and has Trustonic TEE security solutions. It comes with pre-loaded Gionee VR app for VR viewing experience and also offers games in G-Store (VR) along with various videos.
Gionee S6 Pro Specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920× 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- Mediatek MT6755M Helio P10 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 1.8GHz + 4 x 1.0GHz) Cortex A53 CPU
- Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 64GB Internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE Cat.6 with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable Li-Po 3130mAh battery
- Dimensions: 153 × 75.26 × 7.6 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Colors: Gold, Silver, Rose Gold
The Gionee S6 Pro is priced at Rs. 23,999 and is now available through offline and online stores across the country. As an introductory offer it comes with free three-month subscription of Saavn Pro. The Gionee VR headset is priced at Rs. 2,499.
Commenting on the launch, Arvind R.Vohra, MD & Country CEO, Gionee India said:
“At Gionee we believe in redefining the smartphone experience by launching products that are intuitive, future ready, stylish and high on performance. Our promise is to make smiles by addressing all the evolving needs of the new age smartphone users. The S6 Pro is a perfect amalgamation of style and performance and is designed for the urbane selfie generation. With the S6 Pro we are re-emphasizing our commitment towards our consumers to offer feature led innovative devices.”