Coolpad has launched its latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Note series’, called the Note 5 in India. The smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) display with 78% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by a Snapdragon 617 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Cool UI 8.0 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and an 8-megapixel front camera that also has a LED flash for capturing better selfies.
It also has metal unibody design, fingerprint scanner on the back that can unlock the phone in just 0.1 seconds, hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the second SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required and packs a huge 4010mAh battery that promises up to 14 hours of talk time and up to 350 hours standby.
Coolpad Note 5 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD fully laminated display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 (64-bit) SoC with 1.5GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card (Uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Cool UI 8.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD, dual stand-by)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, CMOS sensor, 5P lens, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 80.1-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 4010mAh battery
- Dimensions: 152 × 75.7 × 8.85 mm
- Weight: 173.4 grams
- Colors: Royal Gold, Space Grey
The Coolpad Note 5 is priced at Rs. 10,999 and will be available exclusively from Amazon.in via open sale from 18th October 2016.
Commenting on the launch, Dr Luo Zhongsheng, VP Coolpad Group, said:
“The timing of launch could not be more perfect, as we celebrate our first year of journey in India. We came to India last year with Coolpad Note 3 in a highly competitive market and it was one of the highest selling and popular phones in its category. Today I am excited to launch yet another path breaking phone, Note 5’ that has been designed exclusively for the Indian market. We had set a stiff sales target ahead of us and we aim to cross the 4 million handsets mark by March next year. Coolpad aims to be in the top 5 players in the Global and Indian smartphone market.”
Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India said:
“Today’s consumers are interested in feature rich smartphones that come with a great post sales service experience. We are aware that India is a price sensitive market and thus over the last one year we have offered phones that set the benchmark in the Indian market – affordable with superior technology. Our products launched are in line with the consumer’ s preferences such as all our phones are 4G enabled, have big screens and great processing power. Keeping with our philosophy of “Empowering everyone everywhere”, Coolpad Note 5 is a budget friendly power packed product with impressive specifications.
We are confident that in the coming few months Coolpad will bring more path- breaking products and we are confident that Coolpad Note 5 will we achieve 1 million handset sales by next quarter. Offline pilot project is something we pioneered in partnership with Amazon and we will take forward this initiative to other cities over the next year.”