BlackBerry has officially announced the DTEK60, its latest flagship Android smartphone. It packs a 5.2-inch Quad HD (1440p) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). As for the camera, it has 21-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF and an 8MP front camera with LED Flash.
The DTEK60 has secure bootloader that uses multi-stage verification to ensure that the Android OS hasn’t been tampered with, in order to protect business data against hackers rooting the device. All data stored on the smartphone are protected with FIPS 140-2 encryption and the DTEK app, lets you monitor and fix privacy violations. It also has a Fingerprint Sensor on the back for added security and convenience when unlocking the device, accessing Password Keeper app, and making purchases, including the Android Pay.
BlackBerry DTEK60 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core (2 x 1.5GHz Kyro + 2 x 1.6GHz Kyro) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB Internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE Cat6, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS+GLONASS+BDS , NFC, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 (reversible connector), USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 84-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm
- Weight: 165 grams
- Color: Black
The BlackBerry DTEK60 is priced at US$499 / £475 / CA$ 650 / € 579 and is available from BlackBerry online store in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. Availability in other countries will be announced in the coming weeks.