Sony Mobile has announced its latest flagship smartphone in the ‘X series’, the Xperia XZ at the IFA 2016 event in Berlin. The smartphone comes with a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It packs a 23-megapixel rear camera with Predictive Hybrid Auto-Focus that lets you choose your subject and then predicts its motion, so you can capture the action in perfect focus, a 13-megapixel front camera with 22mm wide-angle lens and has a dedicated camera shutter button.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the power button and also features dust and water resistant body with IP65/IP68 ratings.
Sony Xperia XZ specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Triluminos display, X-Reality Engine, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core (2 x 2.15GHz Kryo + 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- 4G LTE Cat9, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, NFC, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG, 3.5mm headphone jack
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- 23MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.3″ Exmos RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 24mm lens, Predictive Hybrid Auto-Focus, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording
- 13MP front camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Gravity, Magnetic Field sensors
- IP65/IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2900mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 161 grams
- Colors: Forest Blue, Mineral Black, Platinum
The Sony Xperia XZ will roll out globally from October 2016 in single and dual SIM variants. No word on the pricing yet.