Xiaomi just announced its latest budget-friendly smartphone in the ‘Redmi series’, the Redmi Note 4 at an event in China. It is the successor of the very popular Redmi Note 3 smartphone. The Redmi Note 4 packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) Deca-Core processor and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto focus (PDAF) to focus in just 0.3 seconds, dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera. It also has a brushed metal unibody design with chamfered edges and comes with a fingerprint scanner on the back which unlocks the device in just 0.3 seconds.
The smartphone comes in two variants – one with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage and the other one with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) SoC with 2.1GHz Deca-Core CPU
- Mali-T880MP4 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano SIM/microSD, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13-megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, [email protected] / [email protected] video recording
- 5-megapixel front camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient-Light, E-compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
- Dimensions: 151 x 76 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Grey
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is priced at CNY 899 ($135 / Rs. 9060 approx) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs CNY 1199 ($180 / Rs. 12,080 approx). It will be available in China starting from August 26th through Mi online store, China Mobile and other online retailers.