Last week we said that Xiaomi will launch the Redmi 3S smartphone in India soon. Today the company announced an event for August 3rd to launch the smartphone in the country.
To remind you, the smartphone packs a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display, is powered by a Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), a 5-megapixel front camera and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with MIUI 7 on top. It comes in two variants, one with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage and other version with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.
It also has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design, a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 4100mAh battery. It features hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the secondary SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s Specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with 16M colors
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core ( 4 x 1.2GHz + 4 x 1.5GHz) Cortex A53 CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB (eMMC5.0) / 32GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with MIUI 7
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 13MP Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) rear camera with LED Flash, CMOS sensor, F/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, F/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery
- Dimensions: 139.3 × 69.6 × 8.5 mm
- Weight: 144 grams
- Colors: Silver, Dark Gray, Gold
We should know Price of the Redmi 3s on Wednesday. The company will also offer live stream for the event on c.mi.com at 12pm.