Xiaomi just launched the Redmi 3S smartphone in India, as it had promised. The smartphone packs a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display, is powered by a Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal storage, 13-megapixel rear camera with Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), 5-megapixel front camera and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7 on top. It also comes in a Prime version that has 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and a fingerprint sensor on the back. Other specifications are remain the same.
Both the version has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design, packs a 4100mAh battery and features hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the secondary SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s / Redmi 3S Prime specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with 16M colors
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 + 4 x 1.1GHz Cortex-A53) CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB (prime version) LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB (eMMC5.0) / 32GB (eMMC5.1) (prime version) internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/microSD, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 13MP Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) rear camera with LED Flash, CMOS sensor, F/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, F/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint (prime version), Infrared, Accelerometer, Proximity, Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery
- Dimensions: 139.3 × 69.6 × 8.5 mm
- Weight: 144 grams
- Colors: Silver, Dark Gray, Gold
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S is priced at Rs. 6,999 and the Redmi 3S Prime costs Rs. 8,999. Both the phones will be exclusively available on Mi.com and Flipkart through open sale from August 9th and August 16th, respectively.