Samsung just announced its latest flagship smartphone in the ‘Galaxy Note’ series, the Galaxy Note7 at its Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event in New York. The smartphone comes with a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved edge display with Always-on feature. It is powered by a Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor or a Exynos 8 Octa 8890 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor (depending on the market), has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI on top. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Dual Pixel technology and 5-megapixel front camera. The Dual Pixel rear camera promises brighter and sharper images, even in low light conditions.
The Galaxy Note7 also has 3D glass on the top of the display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on front and back, metal frame and IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance, similar to the Galaxy S7 series. In addition to fingerprint scanner on the home button, Samsung has added an Iris scanner for the first time that would let you unlock the phone using eye recognition.
The enhanced Galaxy Note7 S Pen has smaller 0.7mm tip and improved pressure sensitivity. The Screen off memo lets you pin memo to the Always-On Display, Smart Select lets you easily create and share GIF animations and new Air Command functions Magnify and Translate enable users to zoom in on the screen or convert languages with a simple hover of the S Pen.
Samsung Galaxy Note7 specifications:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED curved edge display with Always-On feature, 3D glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core CPU / Exynos 8 Octa 8890 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2.3GHz + 4 x 1.6GHz) CPU [market dependent]
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Samsung TouchWiz UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G LTE Cat 12, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS & BDS, ANT+, NFC, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Dual-Pixel technology, PDAF, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS, 1/2.6” sensor size, 1 µm pixel size, 4K video recording
- 5 MP front camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Heart rate, Fingerprint, Iris scanner, Barometer, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, SpO2 sensors
- S Pen stylus
- IP68 ratings – water and dust resistance
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500mAh battery with fast charging on both- wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- Colors: Blue Coral, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium, Black Onyx
The Samsung Galaxy Note7 will be available from August 19th in several markets across the world. We should know the price of the smartphone in various regions in the coming days.
Samsung India sent out invites for an event in New Delhi on August 11th to launch the Galaxy Note7 flagship smartphone in the country.