Today OPPO has launched its latest selfie-focused smartphone in the F series, the F1s in India, as it had promised last month. The main highlight of the smartphone is that it has a 16-megapixel front camera with 1/3.1-inch sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Beautify 4.0 and several filters. It also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1/3.06-inch sensor and f/2.2 aperture.
The F1s packs a 5.5-inch HD display, is powered by a MediaTek MT6750 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS with ColorOS 3.0 on top.
It also has a metal unibody design, a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in just 0.22 seconds and can also be used to launch apps quickly.
OPPO F1s specifications:
- 5.5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- MediaTek MT6750 (64-bit) SoC with 1.5GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with ColorOS 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano+nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 16MP front camera with 5P lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 3075mAh battery
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 76 x 7.38 mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Colors: Gold, Grey
The OPPO F1s is priced at Rs. 17,990 and it will be available for pre-order from August 4th till August 10th and will go on sale in retail stores across Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Trivandrum, Bhopal, Ludhiana, Gurgaon, Vijaywada, Hyderabad, Ghaziabad and Ahmedabad from August 11th. It will be also available on Amazon.in online store from August 11th.
Commenting on the launch, Sky Li, OPPO Global VP, MD of International Mobile Business and President of OPPO India, said:
“Being a priority market for OPPO, we understand Indian consumer’s demand for excellent camera quality and the ongoing selfie craze. OPPO has a rich experience in camera technology and has been the industry leader with several accolades and awards to its credit. And today we are carrying this legacy forward and stepping up the selfie revolution, by launching the upgraded Selfie Expert – F1s to share advanced photography technology with an even wider range of users in India and also offer them an outstanding photographic experience.”