Xiaomi just announced its latest flagship smartphone in the ‘Redmi series’, the Redmi Pro at an event in China. The smartphone packs a 5.5-inch 1080p OLED 2.5D curved edge display, is powered by a Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 / X25 (64-bit) SoC, has 3GB / 4GB of RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB of expandable internal storage and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
The Redmi Pro comes with dual rear cameras, a 13-megapixel camera along with a 5-megapixel camera for achieving depth of field and real-time background blur, and has a 5-megapixel front camera with wide-angle lens.
It has brushed metal body, a fingerprint sensor built into the home button and features 4G LTE connectivity along with VoLTE (Voice over LTE) support.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) OLED 2.5D curved edge display, up to 100% NTSC color gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 (64-bit) SoC with Deca-Core CPU
- Mali-T880 GPU
- 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB / 128GB Internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac ( 2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm headphone jack, Hi-Res audio
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor, 2160p (4K) video recording
- 5MP secondary rear camera with Samsung sensor
- 5MP front camera, wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient light, E-compass sensor
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4050mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
- Colors: Gold, Silver, Gray
The Xiaomi Redmi Pro is priced at CNY 1499 ($224 / Rs. 15,110 approx) for the standard Helio X20 SoC, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant; CNY 1699 ($254 / Rs. 17,130 approx) for the high-end Helio X25 SoC, 3GB RAM with 64GB storage variant and the premium version with Helio X25 SoC, 4GB RAM and 128GB storage is priced at CNY 1999 ($299 / Rs. 20,150 approx). It will be available for order in China from August 6.