After the successful launch of Redmi Note 3 smartphone earlier this year and the Mi Max phablet last month, Xiaomi is all set to launch its latest budget-friendly 4G smartphone, the Redmi 3S in India soon, according to a new report. It was officially announced in China last month.
The smartphone packs a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display, is powered by a Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with MIUI 7 on top. It comes in two variants, one with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage and other version with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It also has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design, a fingerprint sensor on the back and comes with a 4100mAh battery. It features hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the secondary SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s Specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with 16M colors
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core ( 4 x 1.2GHz + 4 x 1.5GHz) Cortex A53 CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB (eMMC5.0) / 32GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with MIUI 7
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 13MP Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) rear camera with LED Flash, CMOS sensor, F/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, F/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
- Dimensions: 139.3 × 69.6 × 8.5 mm
- Weight: 144 grams
- Colors: Silver, Dark Gray, Gold
We should know the exact launch date and Price of the smartphone in India soon.