The Chinese smartphone maker Meizu has announced MX6, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display with narrow bezels, is powered by a MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) Deca-Core processor, has 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage and runs on Flyme OS 5.2 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED flash, PDAF, Sony IMX386 sensor with 1.25 μm pixel size and 4K video recording. This is the first smartphone to feature the Sony IMX386 sensor. On the front it has a 5-megapixel selfie shooter.
It comes with a metal unibody design and has a fingerprint sensor on the home button with mTouch 2.1 fingerprint recognition technology that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds for payments using Alipay and WeChat. It packs a 3060mAh battery inside with support for mCharge that lets you charge the phone up to 65% in 30 minutes and fully charge it in just 75 minutes using a 24W fast charger.
Meizu MX6 Specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Sharp TDDI LCD display, 85% NTSC color gamut, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- MediaTek Helio X20 (64-bit) SoC with 2.3GHz Deca-Core CPU
- ARM Mali-T880 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- Flyme OS 5.2 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE Cat.9 with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS with A-GPS & GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor, 6P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel size, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, E-compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 3060mAh battery with fast charging (mCharge)
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 75.2 x 7.25 mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Colors: Gray, Silver, Gold, Pink
The Meizu MX6 is priced at CNY 1999 ($298 approx) and it is now available for pre-order in China and goes on sale from July 30th. Meizu has also introduced Life Jack protective cover for the smartphone for CNY 79 ($12 approx). No details about the global roll out yet.