Reliance Retail has launched its latest high-end smartphone in the LYF Earth series, the LYF Earth 2, in India. It is the successor of the LYF Earth 1 smartphone which was launched earlier this year. It packs a 5-inch Full HD (1080p) IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 72.1% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 615 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable internal storage, 13-megapixel rear camera, 13-megapixel front camera and runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop).
It comes with a 7.2mm aluminium alloy frame, a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can also launch your favorite apps quickly by assigning different fingerprints. It also has retina scanning option to unlock the smartphone.
The smartphone has 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE and hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the second nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required. You can also use voice commands for capturing selfies, switching between front and rear cameras and more.
LYF Earth 2 Specifications:
- 5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display, 178-degree wide viewing angle, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 (64-bit) SoC with 1.5GHz Octa Core CPU
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via micro SD card
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + nano/microSD, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, Laser auto focus, 1080p video recording
- 13MP front camera with LED flash, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 142 x 67 x 7.2 mm
- Weight: 140 grams
- Non-removable 2500mAh battery
- Colors: Midnight Black, White, Gold, Green
The LYF Earth 2 is priced at Rs. 21,599 and it will be available through online and offline retail stores soon.
Commenting on the launch, Sunil Dutt, President – Devices, Reliance Retail, said:
“LYF Smartphone+ is a consumer obsessed brand and through Earth 2 we present the most advanced features in smartphones that deliver a differentiated digital experience to our consumers and puts the controls of smart devices in the hands of the consumers.”