Huawei just launched its latest mid-range 4G smartphone under the Honor sub-brand, the Honor 5C in India. The smartphone packs a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display with 74% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 650 16nm (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal storage, 13-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top.
It has a full metal body, a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in just 0.5 seconds and comes with hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required.
Huawei Honor 5C Specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with 74% screen-to-body ratio
- Kirin 650 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 × 2.0GHz + 4 × 1.7GHz) Cortex A53 CPU
- Mali T830 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD, dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE Cat6 with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack, Box speakers, Smart PA amplifier, SWS sound
- 13MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, E-compass, Light, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery
- Dimensions: 147.1 × 73.8 × 8.3 mm
- Weight: 156 grams
- Colors: Grey, Silver,Gold
The Honor 5C is priced at Rs. 10,999 in India and it will be exclusively available through Flipkart online store via flash sale starting from June 30th. Registration for the sale begins today. It comes with 15 months of manufacturer warranty and free screen replacement guaranty for one month.
Commenting on the launch, Allen Wang of Consumer Business Group, Huawei India, said:
“Honor smartphones are for the brave, people who are discerning and look to get the best in class and most innovative product and have a flair to keep up with their fast paced life. After the success of Honor 5X earlier this year, we are excited to introduce Honor 5c in Indian market and we are hopeful that we would continue to receive a great response from our consumers.
Honor has always taken a lead in technology innovation and puts quality first. In the era of price wars we focus on quality over price and thrive on packaging together technology that make a product which has an edge in the market. Honor 5c features the much faster Kirin 650 16nm processor which is the first of its kind in this segment and will offer supreme performance to its users. India is a very significant market for Honor and with these persistent series of innovation, we would like to reiterate our commitment to the Indian consumers and offer upgraded experience with every launch.”