Samsung has announced its latest flagships – Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge smartphones at its Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event in Barcelona. The Galaxy S7 comes with a 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Always-on display, Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core processor or Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor (depending on the market), 4GB of RAM, 32/64GB expandable internal storage, 12-megapixel Dual pixel rear camera, 5-megapixel front camera and runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Samsung TouchWiz UI on top. The Dual pixel rear camera promises brighter and sharper images, even in low light.
It has 3D glass on the top of the display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on front and back, metal frame and IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance. It also has internal cooling system that keeps the device from overheating.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Specifications:
- 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Always-on display, 3D glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 64-bit SoC with Quad-Core CPU / Exynos 8 Octa 8890 SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2.3GHz + 4 x 1.6GHz) CPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage, expandable up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Samsung TouchWiz UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G LTE Cat.9, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS & BDS, ANT+, NFC, MST, Infrared port, microUSB 2.0, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12 MP Dual-pixel Phase Detection Auto focus (PDAF) rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS, 1/2.6′ sensor size, 1 µm pixel size, 4K video recording
- 5 MP front camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Heart rate, Fingerprint, Barometer, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, SpO2 sensors
- IP68 ratings – water and dust resistance
- Dimensions: 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 152 grams
- Li-Ion 3000mAh battery, Fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy S7 comes in Black Onyx, Gold Platinum, White Pearl and Silver Titanium colors and will be available starting mid-March 2016.