The South Korean company LG has announced a new smartphone – dubbed Stylus 2, the successor of last year’s G4 Stylus smartphone, just one day after its two new mid-range ‘X’ series smartphones – X cam and X screen announced. The Stylus 2 has a 5.7-inch HD in-cell touch display, 1.2GHz Quad-Core processor, 1.5GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal storage, 13-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera and runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
The smartphone comes with a stylus pen, similar to earlier LG Stylus phones, but the new nano-coated tip promises ‘more accuracy’ compared to the previous rubber-tipped pen. It will include a set of proprietary features – ‘Pen Pop’ and ‘Pen Keeper’ that the company claims will enhance the user experience. The Pen Pop feature toggles a pop-up menu when the stylus is removed to offer shortcuts to Pop Memo and Pop Scanner. The Pen Keeper prevents the stylus from being misplaced by displaying a pop-up message when the phone is detected as being in motion when the stylus bay is empty. “The new Calligraphy Pen font will let you write as beautifully and decoratively as if using a fountain pen,” said LG.
LG Stylus 2 Specifications
- 5.7-inch HD (1280× 720 pixels) IPS in-cell touch display
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor
- 1.5GB LPDDR3 RAM (2GB in Korea)
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 4G LTE Cat4(150/50 Mbps), 3G HSPA+, 2G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC (optional), microUSB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13 MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 8 MP front camera
- 3000mAh removable battery
- Dimensions: 155 x 79.6 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Colors: Titan, White, Brown
The LG Stylus 2 will roll out starting from Korea in March, followed by the other markets in the US, Europe and Asia. It will be showcased at the MWC from February 22nd to 25th. While LG didn’t reveal any pricing-related details, it did say that the Stylus 2 will be “exceptionally-priced.”
Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, said:
LG Stylus 2 provides both the big screen and premium notetaking functions of a premium large phone at a price of a mid-tier phone. This device is another example of our commitment to the mass-tier segment where there is so much opportunity for growth and creativity.