YU started rolling out the official Cyanogen OS 12.1 (YOG4PAS3JM) update based on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) for its YUREKA and YUREKA PLUS Smartphones last month. Today Rahul Sharma, Co-founder and CEO of YU tweeted that Cyanogen OS 12.1 update for the affordable YUPHORIA Smartphone has been certified by Google CTS and will start rolling out from tonight.
New features in Cyanogen OS 12.1
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
- Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
- More Playback support: Substantially increased support of codecs for video and audio playback.
YU has announced that the OTA update will be rolled out in phases over the coming two weeks. Notification for the update should automatically pop up on your device when it’s available for you or, you can check it manually by heading to Settings -> About Device -> Software Update.